Residential HVAC Preventative Maintenance
NJ’s Premier Residential HVAC Preventative Resource
Every New Jersey homeowner quickly learns the importance of proper Residential HVAC preventative maintenance. In a state where the weather is getting more and more extreme, and houses are 20 percent larger on average than those across the country, it’s important that you take the proper steps to keep your residential HVAC system clean, well-maintained and running at optimal performance and efficiency.
UMGService is acutely aware of how important proper residential HVAC preventative maintenance is to NJ homeowners, and we’ve spent years helping our friends and neighbors in Clifton, Montclair and throughout the country keep their systems in top shape.
Call us today at (973) 866-5445 to schedule your maintenance and service.
The Importance of Proper Residential HVAC Preventative Maintenance and Service
In addition to your family, your guests and you deserving a comfortable, fully controlled environment where you’re shielded and protected from the elements, proper maintenance of our heating and cooling system can save you money and increase the longevity of your system.
Without proper maintenance and service, small problems can quickly turn into big, expensive repairs. Before this happens, you can rely an experienced, qualified and licensed NJ residential HVAC company like UMGService.
We are fully prepared to address all common and uncommon maintenance issues so you never have to worry about being blindsided by expensive repairs or being left to hung out to dry in the heat or cold. Get the peace of mind and comfort you expect and deserve.
Common Residential HVAC Preventative Maintenance Issues in NJ
Whether you live in a large bilevel, small ranch, apartment or any other type of residence, there are some common maintenance issues that affect all kinds of types of New Jersey homeowners that, if overlooked can lead to serious problems:
- Clogged or Dirty air Filters – Changing your air filter in your residential HVAC system is critical to its longevity, efficiency and performance. They are a primary cause of overexertion and subsequent breakdown of key components of your system, including the blower motor, condenser coils and more. This is an easy and inexpensive fix that can add years of life to your system.
Some of the many ways in which clogged or dirty air filters can impact your residential HVAC system include restricting air flow which leads to uneven and efficient heating, exertion of fan motors and contamination of your duct work.
They are a number-one reason why HVAC systems fail. They can also make your home’s occupants more susceptible to respiratory issues like asthma, according to data from American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology.
- Fluid Leaks – It’s very easy for water and other fluids to escape in your system, leading to wide variety of issues, chief among which include mold. Part of a comprehensive residential HVAC preventative maintenance routine should be assuring that all hoses are sealed and there are not cracks through which fluid can escape. The professionals at UMGService are ready to help you keep your equipment sealed so there’s minimum risk of leaking.
- Condenser and Coil Issues Freezing – It’s unfortunately common for evaporators coils and refrigerant lines to freeze up or malfunction, causing real problems to your system. Part of preventing is making sure they’re thoroughly inspected during routine maintenance. Rather than risk exacerbating the problem, let a professional and experienced Residential HVAC Preventative Maintenance provider help you.
Very often these types of issues can be related to something simple like closed off airflow; however, it can also be attributable to things like low refrigerant and improper fan operation. Routine maintenance of your HVAC system’s cooling component should include making sure all refrigerant levels are adequate.
The professionals at UMGService perform a thorough inspection of your residential HVAC system, and let you know what aspects of our system are at risk, whether it’s duct work, major components or minor factors like air filters.
What Does Residential HVAC System Maintenance Include?
While each company has their own routine for performing residential HVAC preventative maintenance, there are multiple steps that each should include in the process, including:
- Furnace inspection – Replacing air filters, checking the thermostat for battery power and other issues, inspecting tightness of connections of components and assessment of condensate drain, check all system controls, thorough cleaning and vacuuming and more.
- Air Conditioner Inspection – Check and clean condenser coil, assess the thermostat for any issues, wet bulb reading, inspection and charging of refrigerant levels, checking for cracks in hoses or seals.
Very often during residential HVAC preventative maintenance, the technician will identify potentially problematic developments and alert the homeowner of current or future issues. They should offer a full explanation of the issue, and give the customer cost breakdown and timeline for repair. No work should begin prior to the customers signing off on the repairs and the work order.
The UMGService Residential HVAC Preventative Maintenance Process
UMGService offers thorough, comprehensive and expert inspection and preventative maintenance of your residential HVAC system. It’s highly recommended that you have your system inspected at least twice per year to coincide with hot and cold seasons; however, it’s often necessary to change air filters and perform other preventative maintenance tasks at more frequent intervals.
Our professional experts will come to your house at a time that is convenient for you, perform complete and affordable preventative maintenance on your unit and alert you to any problems that exist or may exist in the future. We service all types of residential HVAC systems, no matter what size or manufacturer.
The Peace of Mind You Expect and Deserve
The average residential HVAC system lasts around 15-20 years. Its performance, longevity and efficiency during this time is often contingent upon the level and frequency of maintenance performed on it.
Routine residential HVAC preventative maintenance helps your system run smoothly, keeps you comfortable, increases efficiency and saves you money by cutting down waste and high utility bills.
Contact UMGService today at (973) 866-5445 to schedule your residential HVAC preventative maintenance in New Jersey, also contact us in our google my business