– Com“Where Can I Find Quality Professional Heat Repair Near Me?”
It’s one of the most frequent questions people ask themselves this time of year, as the weather turns colder and they start to ponder the strength and viability of their commercial and residential HVAC systems Like they say on Game of Thrones, “winter is coming”, and this means you will need your heating system running at peak performance.
Whether you’re operating a warehouse, office building, retail outlet or just trying to effectively heat your home, you may be asking yourself: “where can I find reliable heat repair near me?”
The United States Department of Energy reports that heating accounts for 45 percent of American energy bills, and an inefficient or broken heating system can not only create an unsafe or uncomfortable atmosphere for your employees, customers and guests, it can also having you wasting hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year on unnecessary costs.
Most Common Heating Issues
A lot can happen to your heating system during the winter and the off-season, and it’s critical that you have the right kind of repair help.
Commercial and residential systems are vulnerable to numerous operational setbacks throughout the course of their life-cycles, and relying on an established, reputable heating repair company near you is the best way to ensure quality, longevity and optimal function.
The Department of Energy reports that 75 percent of New Jersey Households use natural gas to heat their homes; however, commercial spaces often rely on other sources like electric heat.
It’s important to know your system prior to endeavoring to diagnose or fix any heating-related issues that arise.
Some of the most common types of repair issues for heat include:
- Erratic Cycling of Your Furnace – If your furnace is cycling on and off at in appropriate intervals, it’s probably indicative of a larger internal issue.
The issue can be something simple like a dirty or clogged air filter or something more involved like a broken thermostat that may need to be replaced.
Your best bet, in these situations is getting help from a licensed and experienced HVAC technician near you.
Furnace Not Blowing Any Air – There are times in which your furnace may just stop working, but that might not have anything to do you with your HVAC system, itself.
The first thing to do in this situation is check our main power breaker to ensure there’s power going to the unit. If lack of power is not the problem, it could be something minor like blown-out pilot light, or something more serious like a broken thermostat or blower motor.
As you search, “heating repair near me”, you’ll want to rely on a credentialed and qualified company that can effectively diagnose and fix the issue.
- Not Blowing Warm Air – This is one of the most common types of heating repair issues reported by both residential and commercial customers.
While lack of warm air could be caused by a range of issues, it is usually due to something like a clogged air filter (which many residential customers can change themselves) or an extinguished pilot light, overheated system or erratic thermostat, all of which will have to be handled by an experienced and qualified HVAC repair tech.
Never attempt to relight your pilot light your own.
- Uneven Heating in Your Space – Another issue those searching for “heating repair near me” may be facing is uneven coverage by their heating system in different areas of their commercial or residential building. This is often attributable to dirt and dust build-up that can clog vents at various points within your building.
Everyday maintenance issues like dirty coils and filters can create these uneven patches in your building, and be combated through routine maintenance.
If they’re allowed to escalate, however, they can lead to serious and much expensive problems for your system. Maintenance on your heating system should be performed at least once a year.
- High Heating Bills – Of course, one of the surest and most painful ways to determine whether or not your heating system needs repair is to look at the toll it’s taking on your pocketbook.
Very often, it’s not until companies see how much it’s costing them every month that they start asking themselves: “Where can I find hearing repair near me?”
The United States Department of Energy reports that commercial office buildings spend about 7.5 percent of their total costs on heating their spaces, and that U.S. commercial building owners could save an average of 38% on heating and cooling costs if they install an energy efficient HVAC control system.
If you’re noticing exorbitantly high heating bills, it might be time to take a deeper look at what’s going on. The causes of these increased bills could range from the need for maintenance to a broke thermostat.
- Unusual or Loud Noises – Have you noticed your system, banging, clanging, stalling or sputtering? You’re not alone. This is a common heating repair issue, and can be attributable to something as simple as a loose nut or screw or a dirty air filter or something much more serious like a malfunctioning blower motor. Dirty filters generally create loud banging noises when your system shuts off and starts back up again.
Whatever noises your heating system is making, it’s best to have the problem diagnosed and checked by an experienced professional to avoid escalation. Ignoring these noises can lead to system failure and unnecessarily costly repairs.
- Constantly Running Blower Motor – Heating system won’t shut off? This is probably due to an issue with the thermostat. Start by checking your settings to see if it’s set to “heat”, “cool”, “fan” or “continuous” before calling for heating repair near you.
Setting your thermostat on “heat” or “cool” will stop the ceaseless blowing of the motor, and regulate your room to the appropriate temperature.
If this doesn’t fix the issue, it could mean your system’s fan limiter switch may need to be examined or repaired. This is best accomplished with the help of a licensed and experienced heating repair specialist.
What to Look for When Researching Heat Repair Near You
Shortly after you ask yourself “Where can I find heating repair near me?”, the next question you should ask is what to look for in a heating repair expert in NJ. Some of the most critical attributes of a quality and reputable heating repair company include credentials, experience, reputation and scope of resources.
You want to know that the technician on whom you’re relying to fix your residential or commercial heating system has the appropriate licensure, stands by their work and can offer flexibility availability to fix your problem immediately. Many of these problems are time-sensitive, and the heating company you choose should be available at a moment’s notice.
Make UMG Your First and Final Choice
Universal Mechanical Group is your one-stop-shop for quality, reputable and professional service for anyone in New Jersey wondering “Where can I find heating repair near me.” Our licensed, experienced and qualified technicians are available day or night to help keep your heating system running at full capacity.
We’re Waiting To Offer You Our Exceptional Customer Service That We’re Known To Have And Answer Any Of Your Questions Any Time Any Day Of The Week =]